27 Jun Colour Online
As museums and galleries postpone or go online to reduce the spread of coronavirus, Colour Group committee member Lucy Somers has put together a list of online colour-themed diversions to keep us entertained.
Online Conference / Workshop & Tutorials
The offerings intended for the “5th CIE Expert Symposium on Colour and Visual Appearance” have been moved online and will be given as tutorials and workshops.
The online event is comprised of Tutorials on Colorimetry and Visual Appearance, specifically: CIE Colorimetry, 3D Printing, Measurement of Advanced BRDF, Measurement of Sparkle and Graininess.
These online presentations will be available for viewing from July 17, 2020, including the opportunity to send in questions. Live Question and Answer sessions will be held over the dates July 28 – 29, 16:00 to 18:00 Hong Kong Time zone (HKT), giving answers to questions already submitted and, time permitting, live questions.
- Asynchronous access to Computer Vision and Machine Learning (CVML) Web lecture repository
- Society of dyers and colourists Short courses on Textile Dyeing, Sustainability, Safe Dye making, Introductions to fabric types, dye types, Colour communication and more.
Intriguing Colour Games and Interactives
- Virtual hair colour try-on, Augmented reality
- Olafur Eliasson’s Earth day Instagram posts – a series of afterimages of earth.
- Pantone Factory Tour
Colour puzzle app testing your ability to distinguish and arrange colours.
- The X-Rite Color Challenge and Hue Test
Are you among the 1 in 255 women and 1 in 12 men who have some form of color vision deficiency? If you work in a field where color is important, or you’re just curious about your color IQ, take our online challenge to find out. Based on the Farnsworth Munsell 100 Hue Test, this online challenge is a fun, quick way to better understand your color vision acuity.
Just remember, this is not a replacement for the full test!
Online Art Gallery Virtual Tours